House for sale in West Virginia ~ $150K

House exterior

Additional photos (click to enlarge):
Front of house Back/side of house Kitchen Double sink Kitchen wall Bedroom Bathroom

Summersville, WV 26651 Private home for sale ~ $150,000

Description: Private home for sale. Has one bedroom, one bathroom, living and dining combination, 6ft x 22ft porch. Water filtration system installed.

Bedrooms: 1
Bathrooms: 1
Square feet: 600
Lot size: 4 acres that backs up to mountain and close to Summersville Lake
Date Available: Immediately

Purchase price: $150,000

Contact Information: E-mail or call (321) 253-3851 (landline) or (615) 636-2996 (cell).

Building Materials/Indoor Air Quality
Age of house: 2.5 years old.
Construction: MCS in mind when built, such as low VOC paints, all tile, no pesticide, etc.
Passive solar design features: n/a
Moisture barrier installed over the slab: Moisture barrier installed in crawl space under house.
Exterior building materials: Vinyl siding.
Roofing materials: 30 yr old architectural shingles.
Insulation materials: Fiberglass.
Are the walls foiled?: No.
Wood detailing: n/a
Wood sealants used: No.
Flooring: All tile, no sealants.
Carpet: No carpet.
HVAC: American standard 2 ton heat pump, 14 Seer.
Whole house air filter: Yes.
Whole house vacuum: No.
Sauna? n/a
Dates of past repairs/renovations: Low VOC only.

Utilities and Major Appliances
Heating system: American standard 2-ton heat pump, 14 Seer.
Cooling system: American standard 2-ton heat pump, 14 Seer.
Appliances? All electric appliances need to be installed.
Did the house ever sit empty for any length of time? No; heat and a/c has always run since house was built.

Electromagnetic Fields
Unshielded electrical wiring: None.
Dimmers and 3-way switches: Yes.
High voltage and above ground power lines: Above ground.
Neighbors with WiFi: Not in this house with 4 acres, don’t know about neighbors.
WiMax installed or planned for area in near future: n/a
Smart Meter on site or planned in near future: No.
Cell/microwave towers nearby and/or planned for near future: No.
Other wireless technology being used nearby or planned for near future: No.
Located under an airport flight path: No.
Have others with electromagnetic sensitivities healed in this house? n/a (House hasn’t been lived in yet.)
Have others with electromagnetic sensitivities done poorly in this house? n/a (House hasn’t been lived in yet.)

Is the property graded, are French drains, swales or other features used to wick away rainwater? Graded, no water or mold problem.
Are there plantings or berms around the perimeter of the home? No.
On-slab foundation, crawlspace or basement? Crawlspace.
Exhaust fans in bathrooms, kitchen, and other high-humidity locations? Yes.
Whole house dehumidifier? No.
Other mold-reducing features: Has air exchanging system in air conditioner.
Is there a history of water damage? None.
Have there ever been roof or plumbing leaks: None.
Was mold remediation ever completed in your home? No.
To the best of your knowledge, is there currently high levels of mold or existence of allergenic, pathogenic, or toxigenic molds in the home? No.

Pets that have lived in the house: None.
Known vermin infestations: No.
Homestead animals: No.
Local flora that might be a problem (e.g., juniper, pine, cedar, etc.) and worst times of year for pollen counts: None known.

Other potential toxic exposures
Were pesticides ever used in the house, or outside the house and around the property, by you or by former owners? Never; clean property.
Has a pet that was treated with Frontline, wore a flea collar, or had other pesticides applied to it ever lived or entered the home? Never.
Has the home site been checked for radon and other potentially hazardous elements? n/a
Is the house currently fragrance free, and has it always been? House is, and has always been, fragrance free.
Is the house currently smoke free, and has it always been? Has always been smoke free.
Has the house or any neighbors’ homes in a three block radius ever been used as a methamphetamine (“meth”) lab? No.
Has ozone every been used in the home to try to remove odors/chemicals/mold? No.
Garage: None.

Do you or your MCS partner tolerate the home yourself? n/a
How long have you lived in the home? Never.
May I talk to a former tenant to see how they felt about living in the house? No one has lived in home yet.
Why are you renting the house? Because I live in Florida.
Who are the closest neighbors and what are their potentially MCS-triggering habits? Don’t know for sure since I haven’t lived there. There may be wood-burning stoves or fireplace use in winter from neighbors.
Are the neighbors MCS aware/compassionate/friendly? I doubt they are MCS-aware.

Due to the nature of the illness, potential MCS renters will need to stay in a home overnight, or for an extended period, before committing to a long-term lease. Doing so puts the homeowner at risk for potential contamination of the space. Are you willing to do this? Yes.

Potential buyer/renter can stay overnight in home for up to 2 weeks before committing to purchase at a fee of $500 per week.

Allowed personal care products: All unscented personal care, and all free and clear unscented detergents, baking soda and vinegar are allowed.

House rules: Remove shoes before entering.

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , ,

Trackback URL:

posted October 26, 2011

Community Feedback

  • Dr. Millie Hinkle

    May 25, 2017 at 12:23 pm

    I am seeking home for multiple chemical sensivity and EMI sensivity

Leave a comment

* means field is required.